LEED Building Design & Construction (BD+C)
Materials & Resources credit – Building Product Disclosure & Optimization: Sourcing of Raw Materials (Option 2 — Leadership Extraction Practices)
You can earn one point under this credit if at least 25% of the overall cost of building materials meet at least one of a list of responsible extraction criteria:
- Product manufacturer participates in an extended producer responsibility program
- Product made from bio-based materials is certified under an approved sustainability standard
- Wood products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®C092805)
- Materials reuse, which includes salvaged, refurbished or reused products.
- Products with recycled content
Indoor Environmental Quality credit – Low-Emitting Materials
Wood flooring and companion products can contribute to earning points under this credit if they emit low levels of formaldehyde and other VOCs. Unfinished solid wood flooring is automatically considered compliant. All other wood flooring products must be tested and determined compliant in accordance with California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Standard Method v1.1-2010.